Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Tattoo's

So I recently went out and got a new tattoo at the local tattoo parlor near my house, the place is called West Side Ink and its located in Tuolumne.  Its a pretty bad ass shop and pretty well renowned around the area that I live due to it's owner, his name is Tree and everyone I've ever talked to about him and his tattoo's say that he is the best in Tuolumne County.  My tattoo was not done by Tree but instead was done by one of the other artists who happen to work at his parlor.  That mans name is Anthony and just to clarify, he is a bad ass with a tattoo gun.  I couldn't be happier with the way that my new tattoo came out, here are some reasons.

1.  The lines on my Tattoo are so smooth and precise it makes me want to cry
2.  He was such a down to Earth guy that I enjoyed the conversation that we had and I also ended finding out                 that we are neighbors.
3.  Last but not least my tattoo was pretty reasonably priced, he could have tried to take advantage of me but he did not(And I don't mean sexually^_^)

So getting the new tattoo has inspired me to talk about the other tattoo's I have, kind of give some commentary on them and what not.  So, join me on this trip down memory lane.


Tattoo #1
This is the first tattoo that I ever put on my body, as you can see it is a goth angel with the red and black for her back ground and is on the left side of my chest more near my left shoulder.  This image was from the album cover of the first EP that my old band(Forgotten Masterpiece) and I made.  I loved the image so much that I decided to get it tattoo'd on me, this piece took about 4-5 hours and unfortuantly is not done yet.  The wings are supposed to be the same color as the back ground but I never went back in to have it finished.  I got this tattoo when I was 22, it took a long time to find an image that I was passionate enough about to get it immortalized on my body.  I still love this tattoo to this day, I don't generally try to get images that I will regret in the future.  So that is number one, the first one, the one true love of my tattoo's, isn't she a beauty.


Tattoo #2

Ok, so this was the second tattoo that I got, I was 22 as well when I decided to get this one put on my right forearm.  This image is from Naruto, it's the Hidden Village of the Sand's crest, this and my third tattoo are two of the most nerdiest things I have on my body.  Now, this tattoo is bittersweet, I love it and this is what I wanted but as you can see the guy who did it sucked balls.  Believe it or not he was a professional and I paid $60 for this which now thinking about it was a huge rip off.  Despite the obvious flaws of this tattoo I still love it and I do plan on getting it fixed in the future.  I'm actually happy that i don't remember the guy's name who did this tattoo because I would be putting him on blast right now, he should really go back to being an apprentice because he still has a lot to learn.  Oh, and a side note, the guy was like in his 40's and was a "renowned"(I use that very loosely) tattoo artist in Tuolumne County.


Tattoo #3
Last but not least we are finally onto my third and final tattoo which was done last week.  I already explained who did this tattoo and how awesome he was so lets go into what this means and why I got it put on me.  So, if you have ever watched the animated series Avatar: The Last Air Bender or the shitty movie rendition that M. Night Shamalan called The Last Air Bender then you probably think that this looks familiar because it is the Water Tribe symbol.  Now, I originally was not going to get this, in fact, I was just going to get the water sign for Aquarius but that is when my awesome wife suggested getting the water tribe symbol since it kind of had the Aquarius sing in it already.  Kudos to that wonderful woman of mine^_^  So, I went and got it put on me, I like this tattoo a lot, it took me about 4 years from my last tattoo to this one, but I finally got another one, the lines are smooth and it just pops.  Anthony at West Side Ink did a great job and I urge everyone in the Tuolumne area to go get some work done by him, you wont regret it.

If you interested in getting a tattoo done by Anthony or one of the other artists at West Side Ink then give them a call, the phone number is 209-928-1968 or go in there and see them, the address is 18382 Bay Ave. Tuolumne, CA 95379.

Also I'm going to end this post with a question.  Do you have any tattoo's?  If so let me know what you have and why you got it.  Does it mean anything?  Were you tough about it or did it hurt like hell?  Well, until next time, later everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment