Friday, February 10, 2012

I've Been Gone

Hello everyone,

So it's been a while since I last wrote and a lot has gone on in my life, all of which has been for the good and I really cant think of anything negative that has happened.  Anyways, to start off with a quick question(to my readers)...

How have you been?
What's new in your life?
Played any good games lately?

Now, back to me.

So my family and I took a trip to Corcoran CA for my sister in law's baby shower which was on February 4th.  It was an awesome trip, I had taken five days off from work which i planned along with my paid time off to get a whopping nine days off from my job.  It was well received and much needed.  I don't usually take this kind of time off very often, maybe like once a year when there is an occasion for it or something that just says, "take time off for me, it will be fun!".  Anyways, back to the story.  So we spent about 5 days in Corcoran during my nine day vacation.  Most of those days were spent preparing for the baby shower since my wife and my mother in law still had other things that needed to be ready for the big day.  We made a few Hanford trips for supplies and I also was able to finally use the $30 hot Topic Gift card that I had received from my sister during Christmas.  We also visited with friends and family like my brother in law(we watched Kung Fu panda 2 at his place...EPIC!!!!) and my good friend Jake.  Actually I was the only one who visited with Jake, I went to his place while the baby shower was going on, more on that as well.

As some of you know, my wife is a beautiful Mexican woman.  Which means that her mom is a typical traditional Mexican mom and she fed me until I felt like I was going to burst open from my stomach.  Holy poo!!!!!!!!!!  I ate sooooooooooooooOOOOOOOO much it was ridiculous but so delicious at the same time it shouldn't even be legal.  Now just to clear some stuff up.  My mother in law makes some of the most awesome authentic Mexican food in the world, I could eat her food for the rest of my life if possible.  Hell, I've even offered to have them move in with us when they get older just for this reason(Not the only reason but still a good one).  So the food she makes is bomb, its a FACT!!!!!  I'm guessing that i gained about ten pounds of much needed weight according to my mother in law.  It was nice, I am a bit more fat now but my Mexican food quota has been filled for a while.

Now on to visiting my friend Jake.  The day of the baby shower I went to Visalia to hang out with a good friend of mine while my wife and her family did the while baby shower thing.  Since this baby shower was not for my wife I got the ok to do what ever I wanted and not have to chill at the shower.  So onto my friend.  My buddy Jake is an engineer somewhere in Visalia, he is a bad ass guy and the reason why i listen to the awesome music that I listen to.  He recently bought a bad ass house which I stayed at and made fun of him for having so much room and nothing for all that space.  So our night started out at Buffalo Wild Wings but we were not able to get in, so we went to some restaurant in down town Visalia(I think on Main Street) before we went to the movies.  The restaurant was ok, it was a brewery as well.  The short story for that place is that the wings sucked and the beer was ok, I've had better.  Then we saw The Grey which was a great movie regardless of what people will tell you, so go see it now.  Then we went back to Jake's place for a bit and after that tried our luck again at getting into Buffalo Wild Wings and this time it was a great success.  I enjoyed their spicy garlic wings with a nice Blue Moon.  After we went back to his place and GOT IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!  Nah, just kidding, he busted out an air mattress for me and I proceeded to crash out like the old fogey that I am.  It was nice^_^

The last leg of our trip was to Mariposa to visit my parents, we spent two days there catching up with my family and letting them enjoy the company of ourselves and our sons.  My mom and dad are crazy for the kids since they don't get to see them that often.  It also help that my kids love their gramma and grandpa so much.  My oldest son had to get put in time out a couple of times at my mom's which was hilarious, my mom broke him in like w wild horse.  And my youngest Caleb finally loves my mom, in the beginning she used to scare him which was pretty good to see and had a serious laugh factor to it.  The wife and I even got a little alone time thanks to my parents watching the boys for a little bit for us, it was nice to have some time to our selves since we don't really get that at all. 

So, to end this.  Our little vacation was fun, we all had a good time and got to see tons of family and some really good friends.  This is something that we don't really do very often, it was much needed.  I will start writing more regularly now that we are back from our trip.  So tomorrow should be a good blog as well, until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment