Monday, February 27, 2012

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning(BROKE)

Hello everyone, im going to rant a little bit in this post so bare with me.

So basically I am tired of playing games on my PS3 and having them perform like shit.  Two out of three games that I have recently bought have both had problems with performance.  The first would be Skyrim, but everyone already knows all about the issues that plague that game.  The second is a game called Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, this game was fine to begin with but then out of nowhere I start getting all of these damn problems during the game play.  So I decided to look online to try and find if anyone else is having the same problems as me.  I come to find that yes, multiple people are having the same problems, not as many as I would have thought but still some.  The first problem is with the voices not playing while the text is displayed during chat with NPC's, this problem really isn't that big of a problem for me, whatever.  The second is the frame rate issues while fighting multiple mobs of enemies, espeacially when you get groups of over five that all have combat animations that are complex as opposed to just them hitting or something like that.  And now the main problem, the problem that has been pissing me off the most, the problem that has recently made it to where I cant even play this game for more than 5 minutes is that it just freezes after a small amount of play.  Out of the last five times I have tried playing the game it has done this five times, the game is virtually un-playable at this point.  Its a shame.

Possible fixes to this problem have been to delete the 4gb data that downloads onto the PS3 harddrive when you first play the game and then to reinstal it.  Somehow that might fix the problem due to that info being currupt or something like that, there really wasn't a definite answer on the forums to why this would help.  The second thing is to go into the options and turn off the connection to EA's servers while you play the game so that it somehow doesn't effect your gameplay.  While reading the forums I saw that about 50% of people saw that those two options fixed the problem and the other 50% saw that nothing changed at all after trying these "solutions".

So this brings me to my conclussion, my closing thoughts if you will.  Are you ready?  because I know I am...

Stop releasing games that are broken video company's.  All this shit seemed to have started with Skyrim, Bethesda released a game that they new was riddled with bugs, glitches and various other problems but still released it in order to make a profit sooner as opposed to fix the problem and make a profit later than they wanted.  Not to mention their so called "patches" to fix the problem which by the way made the problems happen even more for me.  In fact, I never even noticed said problems for Skyrim until I downloaded the damn patch onto my PS3.  But Im getting off topic.  I just in the long run want to thank 38 Studios for releasing a game that has problems that make it to where I can not play the game at all on my PS3.  I pay $60 for a game that is unplayable and thats bull shit and should never happen.  The other thing that is bullshit is that it only seems to be games for the PS3 that are effected by all of these problems.  There is something wrong with your software or your gaming system in general Sony, fix this shit because at this point Im about ready to throw my PS3 away and upgrade(yes, I said upgrade) to an X-Box 360 because it seems like all of their games run just fine.  Or as a third option, how about video game company's start making games like they used to.  When I owned a PS2 I never once had issues like these, in fact I had no issues at all because all of my games ran perfectly and how they were meant to run.  Fuck, even some of the horrible ports ran better, did anyone play Grandia 2 for PS3, that game was riddled with glitches and asthetic bugs but still ran like a dream when you played it and you know why, because it had a solid base even for a shitty port.  What Im trying to say is, make games better.  Instead of releasing them sooner then you should for profit take that time to make them better and fine tune the fucking game instead of making your fans and customers suffer.

Quick question:  Any of you out there having these same problems or a problem with a different game?  Let me know in the comments below.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment