Friday, October 26, 2012

Indie Game and Zynga

So, I am sitting here watching Indie Game: The Movie and playing FarmVille 2 while drinking a beer.  To be honest, I am a bit bored.  This movie is actually really good, gives you a great insight on how the people developing these games feel during their process of making a game from scratch, the middle of it, the end product and all the shit that happens in between those three things.  The thoughts from the men in this movie are what intrigue me the most, the human aspect of not wanting to fail makes this movie a great movie.  All of the gentlemen in this movie have their hearts on their sleeves the whole time.  You are seeing a piece of them that only the closest people in their lives get to see, in retrospect...

you are seeing who they really are.

I'm loving it and in some way feel that I am connecting with them in some minute way, I know how they feel, they seem like people who I would get along with, people who are kindred spirits and I like that.

So onto the other thing that I mentioned at the top of this blog.  FarmVille 2 ugh.

I'm playing it right now as we speak, waiting for a dame got to finish it's allotted time limit so that I can harvest the milk from it's life giving tit because I have a challenge to finish with the milk that it gives, I NEED IT!!!  Zynga has once again found a way to make a horribly addicting game that will most likely draw in every house mom in the country and slowly suck the life out of all of them.  Something interesting has happened though and if I remember correctly Zynga recently has filed for bankruptcy and closed down their studios.  I feel bad for the people who worked there, the people who coded and did the art for it and just put all this time and effort into these games and who are now out of a job.  I hope that some how they will rise out of the ashes that were once Zynga these people can make something else, something awesome and something that I would someday want to play.

I think that I have babbled enough in this post, to be honest I feel strange and not really like my chipper self.  I'm off now, bey.

No comments:

Post a Comment