Tuesday, January 3, 2012

HUNGRY!!!!!!!!!!!

As you can tell from my title I am hungry right now, it was a long and awesome day.  In door soccer was really fun tonight, we ended up winning but the other team only had four players but still wanted to play a legit game so we were cool with that.  Let me tell you something, the only four players that showed up for the other team were all older Mexican gentlemen and they could play, we won by a lot but that still doesn't dismiss the fact that they kicked ass in every aspect to the point where I wished that they were on our team.  Also all four of the guys were super cool, the whole game was just a lot of fun with some dudes who you could learn from just by watching them.  But gash damn, after the game I was super hungry and I have still not eaten anything yet, but I will very soon, like very very soon, JUST WAIT FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!

In some other semi life changing news.

I met my dad's side of the family, I have never met any of those kind people before and they have virtually been absent from my whole life until today.  Before i go on, I suppose some back story is going to be needed.  My conception was a total accident, I was by no means what so ever a planned baby.  The story i got from my mom is that my dad wanted to get married for whatever reason but my mom did not, so he stayed around for about 2 months after I was born and then just split.  I wouldn't talk to my dad or see him for the rest of my life after this until I turned 18 and I finally got the courage to find his number and call him.  Anyways, I'm veering away from the original story.  About a year ago thanks to Facebook I found my dad's family and some of my cousins who in turn pointed me in the right direction to find my aunt's on his side as well.  I am now friends with all of them on Facebook.  Well, my aunt Lori messaged me about a week ago saying that her, her husband and my grandparents wanted to meet me and asked if we could meet somewhere in Sonora.  I gladly accepted and we chose to meet up at the Perko's in Sonora since my grandparents live in Twain Harte.  The Date was set for January 2nd at 9:30am.

So early yesterday I got the kids and the wife and myself ready and we got in the car and drove on down to Perko's cafe.  Meeting the four of them today was such an awesome experience, they are some of the nicest most well rounded people I know.  We talked about everything from my family and my mom and her family to their side of the family like kids, grand kids and stuff like that.  I learned a lot about my dad and even found out that we have a couple of things in common like how much food we can eat, apparently we both have a bottomless pit for a stomach.  Now, I know some of you might be thinking, "why didn't you ask them why they never wanted to seek you out and meet you until now?"  Well, I did kind of want to ask that but, I really didn't want to dampen the mood, perhaps those kind of questions would be more suited for a personal conversation between just me and them and not at a local Perko's.  That shit would be very very awkward and I really didn't want to make this first meeting an awkward experience.  I really just wanted to get to know them, I literally know nothing about any of these people and we share the same blood, it's sad to me sometimes when I really think about it.  This is my chance to be with people who I've wanted to meet my whole life, people who I have dreamed about and imagined in my head a thousand times.  I couldn't have asked for a better first meeting and I cant wait to get to know these family members even more now.  It's finally time for me to be involved with the family that I really didn't know I had.  So I am greatly looking for to that, it's going to be a great experience, I can feel it.

That's all for today, if you have any questions about this or my experience from yesterday then feel free to ask away.  Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. okay so i just read you blog... the story i got was that your dad and our mom were young and they got pregnant... the thing was that your father's parents wanted marriage because there was a baby involved. They decided together that getting married was the wrong thing to do and they went their separate ways. Did you know that grandma sent mom away because she was pregnant? Grandma sent her to long beach to have you and be pregnant with you. To I see that there was no choice for mom or Ron. They were young and stupid and back in those days sending mom away seemed like the right decision. But if you think about it mom got to know John and Terri a lot better and of course Danny and Marie as well. It was a good experience for mom. Also when mom had you grandma said that it was time for mom to move back to Mariposa. You saved the whole family, you were one of the biggest blessings the Flarida family could ask for after the death of grandpa Phil. I don't know what mom told you but this is what I have gathered from Grandma and mom.I am so happy for you that you got to meet part of your family it is truely a blessing. I only wish that someday I can meet my dfamily as well. I know you don't know this but I talk to my grandma ion my dad's side and my dad's sister. They live in texas and someday I would love to meet them face to face. They seem like really good people and they also seem as (excuse my language) fucked up as I am. Which is perfect for me. You and I have a unique situation growing up and I know that your life has been extremely tougher than mine and I will forever wish it was the other way around, but you and I do have a lot in common with the wanting and longing to know our whole family. I know our family is the best family you could ever ask for loving, supportive, caring, always there when you need them but I would love to expand my family to my dad's side as well. I may not talk to my dad because he is a complete loser druggie but I love talking with his blood family. Honestly you are the best brother anyone could ever ask for in this life and all i wish for you is that you can expand your family as well. It is a very fulfilling thing in life. I miss you and love you. Let me know what you think about the story I gathered from Mom and Grandma over the years. for now that's all i love you and awesome blog tonight bro!

    ReplyDelete