Monday, January 9, 2012

Tags

I have been thinking about this for a while now and have been wanting to write a blog post about the "tags" that you are allowed to put at the end of every blog.  These tags are supposed to pertain to your blog, like the topic of it and any related key words.  You are allowed to have 20 words to use as tags so you have to choose those words wisely.  Lately I have been guilty of putting words in this section that do not pertain to my blog at all due to seeing that certain words will bring traffic to the blog.  I try to monitor my stats as much as possible and see where my traffic is coming from, why they are coming and what tags brought them to my site.  I have noticed that the words face and game will usually bring some people to the site since they seem to be popular search words.  But lately I have been thinking of new words to put in that could maximize my traffic.  Now, I know that this in its own way is cheating, but isn't the point of a blog to have people view it.  I mean we are sometimes writing for ourselves but why would we put our thoughts and Ideas on the Internet if we did not want someone to view them, right?

Another reason why I try to maximize my traffic is to get my "Monetize" option open, I would someday like this blog or any other site I own to produce some sort of profit.  If not for all of my everyday bills and life then maybe just a little extra spending money.  It would be nice to say I have a site that produces some sort of profit, extra money is always a good thing.  Actually the dream is to make a site that gets as big as the Penny Arcade site, that is the dream and the goal I am always reaching for.  Someday maybe I will get there, until then, I will just keep trying.

Any thoughts to this topic?  Chime in with a comment at the bottom of this blog or if you have any advice then chime in as well.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment