Friday, January 13, 2012

Manga and Movies

So I have been reading Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood lately since I have been devoid of great manga to read other then the weekly one's I read like Naruto, One Piece and Bleach.  I watched most of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood a couple of years back but I decided to start reading it since it was such a great story.  I mean, most times manga with back story kind of bore me but you get a lot of interesting back story in this manga that actually helps the plot and pulls you in, making you like these characters even more then you did before.  Chapters that would be boring to me in other manga's are captivating me in this one and making me want to invest more time into knowing these characters.  Then you get chapters that are all action and its like, "Holy Poop!!!!!!!  This is FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!"  That's no exaggeration, well, from me at least.  Anyways, I think that I'm about half way thru and since I never actually finished the anime I'm looking forward to finishing the manga so I can see what happens at the end of the series.  It should be good.  At least that is what I am hoping.

So I have been watching the Hunger Games trailer more and more, I am getting more and more interested in this movie with every new trailer that they release.  Although this movie is a Battle Royal clone, I am still going to go see it.  I like these movies and books where it pits teens against each other in an epic battle to the death and with a one man standing kind of attitude.  It kind of reminds me of The Running Man, oh my lanta that was a great movie.  If you have never seen it then you need to, the only down side to the movie is the unitards that they wear but it is shadowed buy the awesome-ness of the movie.  THAT'S A FACT!!!!!!  Two long story's short.  I am going to see The Hunger Games and the second thing is that you should read Battle Royal.  It is a manga and a great one at that, the only thing I will caution you about is that it is pretty gory and has nudity in it, if you don't like any of those things then don't read it.  But if you want an amazing story followed by great action and a mind fucking kind of plot then by all means find this manga and read it.  Actually you can read it free at m.mangafox.com so go right now.

What is one of your favorite manga's or movies that you have either read or seen.  Also is there a movie that your excited about that is coming out soon?  Let me know in the comments below.

It seems that tonight's blog was more about manga than movies, oh well, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment