Monday, March 12, 2012

Boxes

and Boxes and Boxes and Boxes...

That is how my day is going to go tomorrow, one box after the other full of stuff that my wife, kids and I have acquired over the past two years.  The goal for tomorrow is going to be six boxes, should be pretty easy to say the least, it's just a boring task, not to mention repetitive.  The big move with a moving van and all that jazz should be happening on March 21st, that one is going to be exciting and sucky at the same time, at least after that is done there will only be one more thing to do.  That thing is clean the damn house and be done with it, drop it like a bad habit.  I'm sure my wife and I will have a splendid time cleaning that damn house, hopefully I can get my parents to watch our boys so we can just knock out all of the cleaning in a timely manner.

Over the years I have learned that no matter how much you clean and what not, the property management or the actual landlord will just have it professionally done anyways.  Thus taking more money out of the deposit that you originally paid to get in said house.  The other thing is that 8/10 times the landlord or property management will try to F you over as much as they can.  It's almost like it's their goal to make sure that you get the least amount as possible with them doing the least amount of work as possible.  For example; the property management that we go thru has it in our contract that we can have the carpets done professionally on our own at our own expense which sucks balls.  Or they can do it themselves, but here is where they get you, and this is actually in our contract mind you.  They will charge $100 dollars just to call a company to come and clean the carpets.  That's right folks, we get charged $100 F-ing dollars for them to make a five to ten minute phone call.  What kind of shit is that!  I wouldn't be surprised if they had a "most money taken from a deposit" contest and they are always trying to break the highest amount.  Now I want to know what it is, maybe the person who gets the most out of a deposit gets a bonus at the end of the year.  I hope our person wins.

So, what I was trying to get at before I went off the deep end is this.

Your landlord and/or property management doesn't not want to give that deposit back, they will take as much as they can from it.  That is a FACT!!!!!  Remember these words of wisdom.

Good bey.

No comments:

Post a Comment