Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Off Time(and games)

I am currently on my days off, I enjoy these times because I get to spend a hell of a lot more time with my family then I get to when I have to work.  My family is my everything and the more time I have with them the more I get to bond and enjoy what we have to offer as a whole, its very good.

So, I have been getting a considerate amount of views lately, it is nice and I have to say that i enjoy it very much.  I hope that whoever is coming here and reading these blogs is able to take something from them, even if its just a couple of laughs or even if you think they suck, oh well.  Anyways, thank you to all of you who have been coming here, it means a lot.

So i have been paying attention to some indie game developers lately.  Some of them are actually pretty cool people trying to make a living doing what they love to do, I think that they should be getting more attention then what they get.  So if you come here to read my blog then you need to check out a game called Legends of Yore, you can buy it at http://www.legendsofyore.com/  or you can get it on your iPhone as well, either way it is an amazing game.  To best describe it, its an 8-bit dungeon crawler with Diablo like features, not as many but you can still see and feel the resemblance, needless to say I have been playing like crazy.  Also on a side note, the creator of the game is a super nice guy, you can get to know him a little better buy following him on Twitter @cokeandcode you will not be disapointed.

Mojang Studios makes a great game called Minecraft, if you haven't heard about it yet then you have been living under a rock which has been under an even bigger rock.  You can check them out and Minecraft at http://www.minecraft.net/, so do it.  Follow these guys on Twitter @carlmanneh  @jeb_  @Kappische  @JahKob  @mollstam  @minecraftnews  and  @notch

Next up is a game called Terraria, oh my lanta, this is a game I have been playing like a mad man and am feverishly waiting for the next update to come forth.  Really though, I want it now, like RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!  This game is initially Minecraft in a 2D setting but it integrates so much more from other games like Castlevania(plat forming and weapons), Megaman(boss fights) and Action RPG's(battle system and item buying/inventory).  You can check out their website at http://www.terrariaonline.com, I personally own their game off of the steam network, as of now I have no idea if you can get them from another site, but really, go get it now, you will not regret it.  Follow these guys on Twitter @Tiyuri  @Demilogic  @confuzzledyma  and  @Terraria_Logic

So i guess this blog turned in to me giving you some ideas about awesome games.  Your welcome ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment