Monday, September 19, 2011

Musical Interests Part 1

So as of latley I have been listening to a couple of new bands/artists, I just thought I should share them with you considering how awesome they are.

Memphis May Fire-This band is Amazing, the lead singer's voice is just epic, his screams are insane and his vocals are clean and georgous.  These guys are more of a Hardcore feel with melodic melodies but they deffenitly need to be checked out by everyone.  One of the best things about this band is the deep meaning lyrics.  I've been in a couple bands and have written all of the lyrics for said bands, but this lead singer's lyrics are of a caliber that I have never seen before.  Just heart felt lyrics that hit you where it counts, this is the first band that I actually cared to see what the lyrics were just so I could connect with the song in a better way.  Kudos to the gentlemen in this band, cause they are definetly doing something right in a music scene that has so much wrong in it.

Ellie Goulding-Im usually not much of a female vocolist fan, but oh my God here voice is amazing and different and just beautiful.  Not to mention she is pretty good looking herself ;)  But that is beside the point, the point here is that she is an awesome musician(She can actually play guitar as well).  Thanks to my wife I have been listening to her non stop for the last two days.  Now back to her voice.  Its unique in the best way possible, its unlike any voice I have ever heard before, I guess if you were to compare her to someone it would be kind of like Regina Specktre in a way.  Then you hear the music she is singing and it sounds equally amazing, so different and original, just what the doctor ordered.  So check her out as well.

The Recieving End of Sirens-I have never heard or seen a band with three guitarist and three vocolist be as amazing as these guys are.  You would think that this wouldn't work out at all but these guys find a way to make it work and work wonderfully at that.  The only down side is that they have been broken up for about two or three years now so there is no more live shows by these guys, but their music should still be checked out and appreciated.  Its original, its fantastic and I could listen to it for hours, not a song from them that I have yet to not like in any way, shap or form.  On a side note, one of their guitarist is in a band now called The Deer Hunter, check them out as well.  I have seen them live and they were awesome as well.

Thats all the bands that I have for you today, maybe I will make this a reacuring topic along with my Powers topic as well, hmmmmmmmm.  We will have to see, until then I guess this will be a part 1.  Also, please follow me on Twitter @Aflarida, its the only social site I am on, its kind of random when I post a tweet but they are usually pretty good^_^   Until Next time.  BYE!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment