Monday, September 26, 2011

Realizing

So, I have come to the realization that I will never be able to do the whole band thing again, which sucks a huge cock.  Its just with getting older and acquiring more and more responsibility it just makes it that much harder to find the time to do it, not to mention the people who want to do it with you and who will be dedicated.  Its really a crying shame, but unfortunately its the truth and the truth sucks. 

Over the years I have been in 4 bands ranging from semi successful to just starting, the first band I was in was a band called Forgotten Masterpiece.  FM was my baby, I put a whole lot of time and money into this band that eventually ended up sucking a lot out of me but gave me some of the best times of my life. 

The second band I was in was called Upload Symphony, this was very short lived due to the fact that i played one show with them and then quit/kicked out due to a mutual agreement between myself and the other band members.  To be honest it was hard to make it to practices due to gas prices being almost five bucks a gallon back then. 

Next up was my second semi successful band, This Nightmare Ends at Sunrise.  I can say that I literally loved this band and everything that it was about, the message we portrayed was a fun and goofy one and the music just came out sounding amazing and exactly what I had in my mind.  Not to mention the musical talent of all of five of us combined just formed into this amazing ball of awesome-ness.  Also as a side note this was the first band that I was in that won a battle of the bands and played a killer show to win it as well.  If any of the bands that I was in were to get signed this was the band I wanted to be signed more then any.  All of us had fun, we goofed around and acted like brothers in arms, I have never been closer to band mates in any other band like I was in this band.  This band was also the first time I would ever have to go thru losing a band member due to being taken from this world way before his time.  After our guitarist Kenny died it just lacked something, we tried to keep it going but it just fell apart from there, tuff times.  But I will always have this band in my mind as my favorite.

The last band I was in was called February's Fall, to be honest I'm not entirely sure that I am in this band anymore since we have not talked to each other int he last couple of weeks.  I did however play one show with them so far and it was a lot of fun, its a different genre than I am used to playing, a lot more singing then screaming but still equally as fun.  Plus all the guys in this band are people that I would hang out with on a regular basis, all bad ass guys and nice as hell.

So that's it, those are the bands that I have been a part of, I'm always looking for people to play with but I just feel that where I live now is dead musically.  I have friends who I could play with but its hard to get together due to all of us having time constraints and our own personally responsibilities.  Maybe if I give it time then it will all happen again, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment