Friday, September 30, 2011

Settings

So while at home today I was tweaking with the settings of this blog and just checking out other people's blogs as well, seeing if there were any interesting blogs to follow.  I did find one and I followed it but then the rest of the blogs Blogger was showing me were all about running these insane marathons of like 50k runs, WHAT!!!!!  Then I come to find out that you can follow yourself which I found out by accidentally following myself, this makes me laugh.  I currently have one follower, and that follower is me, priceless.

I have also been trying to figure out how to change my layout, the person that I followed today had such an awesome and cool layout that I have to admit that I am a bit envious of them.

Another thing I have been doing with this blog is trying to increase the amount of views that I get in a day, the cool thing is that they have been increasing.  From none to a little rofl.  I'm trying to think of other avenues to hit up and to use as a promotion for this blog without getting in the way of someone else's site and using them as my catalyst for views.  That's one thing I hate, I used to do that when I was in a band, we would post our links and what not on other wildly successful bands comments and then reap the page views from them, it was such a vulturous way of going about it that it left me feeling a little dirty at time^_^  Not to mention we did piss off some of those bands.

One thing I do like about Blogger is that its simple and that it seems like more a of a legit blogging site as opposed to a blogging social network where people or more worried about re-posting the same shit over and over again just cause it is trendy and cool.  That's not how this should work.  That reason along with many others is why I no longer have a TUMBLR.  It was crap, nothing but younger kids who do not have a shred of originality and just see it as a way to be cool and trendy and not post any thing original that they thought of themselves or a picture that they actually took themselves.  Instead resorted to thieving other's pictures and posts and pretending that it was their own, it was FUCKING ridiculous to say the least.

In the long run I feel this is the correct site for me, I feel like it keeps my originality without having to compromise with a shitty blogging site that no longer wants to be a blogging site but a crappy social network. 

No comments:

Post a Comment