Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thor and Thor

So as you may have guessed from my title I have finally watched Thor, I bought the Blue-ray version since I have a PS3 and I like to pamper myself with Blue-ray movies.  Just as a side not I have yet to watch any of the spacial features and will only be talking about the movie, my opinion on the movie and other random tid bits of said movie.  On to the MOVIE!!!!!!

Just a little bit of history before we start.  Thor is the son of Odin, both are from Norse mythology.  Odin is basically God and Thor would be like Jesus in the sense that he is Odin's son.  Thor has a mighty hammer called Mjölnir, next to Odin's own weapons this hammer is supposed to have no equal and is a powerful relic of Odin's which he gave to his son Thor.  In the Marvel Universe Thor retains his same mythological status and so does Odin, when it comes to the Marvel Universe comic wise I don't know a lot about Thor and his back story other then he is an actual God and before the events leading to his death he was only using about 10-20% of his actual power due to the ferocity of his power.  Now on to the movie.

This movie was a lot better then I thought it would be, first off I heard a lot of negative things about this movie from multiple parties and decided to listen to them until recently.  I now regret listening to those cwacks due to how awesome the movie actually was.  I know this is going to sound retarded but visually it was nice to look at, especially when they were on their home planet, so many colors, ohhhhhhhhhhh.  Another thing that I thought was done right was the matter of asgardyins being more of an advanced race rather than actual God's, this gave the movie more of a grounded feeling and made the characters seem more human as opposed to God like.  Anyways, I am losing my focus.  During Thor's assension to King ceremony, the main villains of the movie the Ice Giants try to steal an artifact that was originally theres that Odin had taken from them which cause Thor's ceremy to not happen.  This also causes a rift between Thor and Odin due to Thor wanting to take action and Odin wanted to sit idile and see what the frost giants try next.  Fuck I hate doing these reviews, you know what, just watch the dang movie because if I go on I will ruin the movie for you and you will know everything that happens.  All you really need to know is Thor was awesome, watch the damn movie and revel in its glory.  NOW!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment